whaaaaat!? only 3 days have gone by?
since I stared this weight watchers free 7-day trial, I have definitely been more mindful about the foods I consume. so far, even only on day 3, the results have been a positive outcome. I may not look slimmer, but I feel slimmer. I also have been so much more energetic, constantly moving around the house and workplace looking for things to keep me busy rather than be preoccupied with food.
I have been eating smaller, healthier meals, for example today I had:
breakfast: 1 scrambled egg with a salsa made with tomatoes, onions, bellpeppers, and cilantro wrapped in a wheat tortilla, 12 oz oj, and a 12 oz coffee with 2 tsp. creamer. (previously coffee and a bagel with cream cheese)
snack: grapes and carrots with light mayo/shoyu dip (previously a snickers bar and a soda)
lunch: 2 oz of leftover steak, a quarter cup of sauteed onions, 5 asparagus spears, and a cup of salad with a touch of feta and light ranch dressing. this filled me up and satisfied me for only 6 points! (previously MCD's extra value meal, Large)
and for dinner I'm going to have a 5 pt. lean pocket probably with a side of carrots. (previously 2 servings of spaghetti with half a loaf of mama bella garlic bread)
I love that most fruits and veggies have 0 pts!
since I started eating this way I have been far less sluggish at work. I do find that although my energy levels are high my endurance is not. I went to a zumba class last night and as my mind told me to push harder my body would resist. I almost fell from lack of mind-body coordination. I have to figure out a solution to able to keep up with my workouts.
and when the cravings for chocolate or shrimp drenched in butter garlic hit at about 2 p.m., I google "motivational quotes" and the cravings disappear as I read on.
"there are only two choices: make progress or make excuses"
I have only been on this program for 3 days. only my self determination can help me. that and observing how my skinny friends eat. (have you noticed how they take two bites of something and they're full? but it's two bites of an appetizer, two bites of their entree, and two bites of dessert. hey, maybe I should start something called "The Two Bite Diet")
I want to be a skinny girl. not to fit in. but to fit in .. my bikini. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment