Thursday, June 30, 2011

moment of solitude








I allow my mind to think freely. Clearly. With nothing to distract me. I feel an ultimate sense of self. Me. who I am when no one else is around.

In the distance i admire the dark gray clouds that lurk above downtown Hilo. it paints a perfect gradient as it casts a sheer white mist over the colorful homes and mauka rainforest. everywhere around me there's droplets to suggest that the sky cried here too. my awareness of my surroundings becomes ten times greater when no one is around. the gentle sound of the ocean kissing the shore soothes me. I wonder if the skittish a'ama crab has any other purpose in this life than to just survive. I see fallen leaves and I feel it's sadness. I feel like that, so detached. did the tree give up on it or did it give up on the tree? then just like that, the whisper of the wind sends it off in a new direction.

As i sit and absorb the world around me, I hear the strum of your guitar haunting my thoughts.I feel the sound of your voice and it cuts through my heart like a sharp knife. In my moment of solitude, I hear your song.

No comments:

Post a Comment